Race, Ethnicity and Philosophy of Education Committee
The PESGB is committed to supporting and promoting philosophy of education in a climate of inclusion, tolerance and respect for diversity.
The aims of the Race, Ethnicity and Philosophy of Education Committee will be:
- To promote and support the study of philosophy of education addressed to questions of race and ethnicity.
- To recruit new members from racial and ethnic groups currently under-represented in the Society.
- To create a network for people with an interest in philosophy of education relating to race and ethnicity.
The Race, Ethnicity and Philosophy of Education Committee will:
- Monitor and evaluate ongoing activities in the above areas and report back annually to the Executive Committee. Where appropriate, an interim report will be provided for the November Executive.
- Encourage, as necessary, suitable members of the Society to help to facilitate projects initiated by the Race, Ethnicity and Philosophy of Education Committee.
- Liaise with other sub-committees of the Society, and in particular with the Development Committee, over projects in support of the above aims.
- Make recommendations to the Executive Committee for financial support of activities in the above areas.
The full membership of the Race, Ethnicity and Philosophy of Education Committee will be announced shortly.
The Committee will be co-chaired by Darren Chetty & Judith Suissa.
If you have any questions regarding the Committee, please contact us.