Friday 23 March to Sunday 25 March 2018
New College, Oxford
Call for Papers
Submissions are invited for the Philosophy of Education Society of Great Britain Annual Conference. Submissions should have a philosophical bearing on education and may vary from an examination of a philosophical issue in its connection with education to a philosophical analysis of some aspect of current educational theory, research, policy or practice. The educational bearing of the paper should be rendered explicit in the text and, normally, in the title.
Please note the submission deadline: 4 December 2017.
We are pleased to announce the following keynote speakers for the 2018 annual conference:
- Prof Sigal Ben-Porath, University of Pennsylvania
- Prof Michael Merry, University of Amsterdam
Each year the PESGB awards scholarships to full time schoolteachers (0.8 FTE or above) wishing to attend its annual Oxford conference for the first time.
These are offered by open competition and are worth up to £300. Many congratulations to the 2017 Teacher Scholars and thanks to them too for the valuable contribution they made to the event. They are:
- John McCall, Allerton Grange School, Leeds
- Rachel Whiteley, Queen Elizabeth School, Kirkby Lonsdale
- Elizabeth O'Brien, Our Lady’s School in Terenure, South Dublin
- Chris Beschi, Art Department, Kingsbury High School
Following and Sharing
Conference updates will be posted here and on our Facebook page (facebook.com/PhilOfEdGB). You can also follow the conference on Twitter via @PhilOfEdGB using #pesgb18.