Call for Applicants
Application Deadline March 30, 2018
Sponsored by the Center for Ethics and Education, University of Wisconsin-Madison & University of Illinois Chicago
The Graduate Institute in Philosophy of Education aims to support and cultivate new scholars with knowledge and skills for future philosophical engagement with education. The course will focus on two themes: 1) values and evidence in educational policy-making and 2) ethics and teaching.
- 10-day intensive summer course in Madison, WI June 18-29, 2018
- 1Two workshops in 2018: 1) American Philosophical Association’s Central Division conference (February 20-February 23 in Denver) 2) American Educational Research Association (April 5-April 9 in Toronto)
- 1Participants will be supported in developing a new paper in, or related to, philosophy of education.
- 1Students admitted into the program will have all travel, accommodations and most meals paid for at all events
Applicants for the program should be graduate students from schools of education or philosophy departments interested in pursuing questions of policy and practice in education.
- Harry Brighouse, UW- Madison
- Paula McAvoy, UW-Madison
- Tony Laden, University of Illinois-Chicago Vising Scholars
- Lauren Gatti, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Jennifer Jennings, Princeton University